The little things matter, too!
Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on and give thanks for our many blessings: loved ones, health, food, shelter, etc. These are undoubtedly valid reasons to be thankful, but how often do we take a step back and show appreciation towards the little, less notable things in our lives.
Here are some examples of everyday things we can be thankful for this season:
- Coffee– An everyday essential for many that helps us get through our day. Just imagine not having it.
- Music– Ah, music. Whether filling a quiet space or being the life of the party, music adds a little spice to our everyday lives.
- Laughter– Laughter is correlated with happiness, and happiness makes the world a better, happier, place!
- Art– In museums or on the street, art adds a pop of color to our lives, one canvas at a time.
- Nature– Trees don’t only give us oxygen, they also give us breathtaking views. Look around you and take it all in.
Life would be pretty different without these things, wouldn’t it? Realizing how prevalent these “little” things are in our lives helps us appreciate them all that much more. Happiest and warmest wishes on this special holiday!